Figuring out when to book your destination wedding? We’ve broken down the best locations, month by month to give you a perfect guide to weddings across the globe. See you later, planning stress!
Got the date down-pat? See some of our other top tips on planning a destination wedding.
- Australia: After the sweltering January heat has subsided, it’s nothing but blue skies and sunny afternoons in Australia. Beach ceremonies in February and March? Yes please!
April – June
- South-East Asia: If tuk-tuks, affordable cocktails and relaxing massages are your kind thing, book your wedding in South-East Asia anytime from April to June. This way, you’ll skip the hectic monsoon season and beat the July/August rush (and price hike!).
- Japan: June is regarded as the month of Juno – a.k.a the Roman goddess of marriage. It’s believed that the goddess sparks good luck for anyone who weds during June – that’s good enough reason for us!
- USA: May is the perfect sweet-spot for couples looking to get married in the USA. Not only is it a little less expensive than the busy month of October, May also marks the start of perfect weather days across the country.
- The Caribbean: These three months are highly popular for couples looking to have a destination wedding in the Caribbean. And for good reason! The weather is not yet hot and humid, and resort prices tend to drop from the high season over the New Year period. Unfortunately, this time of year is known for rain in the Caribbean, but don’t be discouraged – it tends to only last for about thirty minutes before the skies clear and the sun stays out for the rest of the day.
July – September
- Canada: Getting married to your favourite person has never been so magical. When the summer days are come to a close and the leaves start to change colours, Canada shows off the best it has to offer. Mountains covered in Autumn-toned forests? Two words – photography gold!
- Europe: Romantics love a European summer getaway – and so will your guests! Whether you opt for a ceremony by the Italian coastline or an intimate elopement in front of Icelandic waterfalls, make sure to book everything well in advance for this popular time of year!
October – December
- Australia and New Zealand: If you’re looking to escape the chilly temperatures of the Northern Hemisphere in these months, head on down to Australia or New Zealand for a destination wedding full of sunshine, blue skies and breathtaking backdrops.
- Canada and Japan: Always dreamed of saying “I do” surrounded by forests dusted with snow and glistening with icicles? Escape to Canada or Japan between October and December for a wedding in a winter wonderland. The best bit? They’re on opposite sides of the globe; so no matter where you are from, a winter wedding isn’t too far away!