Exotic yet warmly welcoming, with stunning backdrops at every turn, Thailand offers the ultimate holiday wedding experience. And while hotspots like Phuket might seem familiar, we’ve found a coastal destination worthy of every shortlist when planning a wedding in Thailand: Khao Lak, Phang-Nga.
Blessed with sweeping beaches, dazzling coral reefs, and lush mountain vistas, Khao Lak can be found in Thailand’s southwest, part of the scenic Phang-Nga province. Just above Phuket on the map, Phang-Nga is recognised as Thailand’s most beautiful sea terrain, with azure waters, white sand, and those jaw-dropping limestone cliffs. More serene than many of its neighbouring hotspots, this region offers a sublime setting for your romantic celebration.
Secluded beaches & five-star accommodation
It’s no secret a destination wedding is the ultimate romantic escape — but the magic flows well beyond ‘we do’. You’ll be celebrating your love in a dream location while also creating an unforgettable holiday with family and friends. This is so true in Khao Lak.
Imagine exchanging vows in the gentle late afternoon breeze, with coconut groves as your chapel and a glowing candy sunset melting into the horizon. Think about reconnecting with your favourite people as you connect with the stunning tropical beauty. Perfect.
This tranquil beach setting offers something for everyone, with the shimmering Andaman Sea on your doorstep, iconic natural attractions nearby, and plenty of position-perfect luxury accommodation. Five-star resorts and boutique hideaways line the oceanfront at Khao Lak, inviting relaxation and indulgence for your entire guest list.
Glorious settings for your celebration
Pledge your love on a sun-kissed beach, within a private tropical garden, or even in a grand ballroom facing the sea. It’s your choice. Khao Lak offers a range of beautiful indoor and outdoor event spaces for every size of wedding, complemented by Thailand’s renowned warm and gracious hospitality. And with Thai cuisine a highlight of any trip, your guests will love the food!
Fun for the whole family
Soak up quality time with family and friends with poolside catch-ups, lazy beach days, and memorable excursions and activities before and/or after the big day.
Here are just five of our favourite activities to enjoy in and around Khao Lak:
- Explore Phang Nga Bay by longtail boat. This marine wonderland is home to over 40 tiny islands (including famed James Bond Island) and punctuated by dramatic limestone cliffs.
- With five-star resorts come five-star spas! Melt into holiday mode with a couple’s treatment, or thank your crew with an indulgent pamper day.
- Immerse in the vivid colours of the Similan Islands Marine National Park (a world-class dive site) with a snorkelling or diving day trip.
- Kayak around the caves of Phang Nga Bay, with a lunch stop at Ko Panyee, a famous floating fishing village built on stilts.
- Sample the flavours of Thailand and take home a few new skills with a cooking class. Many resorts offer this as an optional in-house activity.
Getting to Khao Lak, Thailand
Fly into Phuket International Airport then enjoy a 1.5-hour drive/transfer to Khao Lak Beach where most hotels and resorts are located. Celebrate your tropical Thailand wedding then explore this spectacular region on your buddymoon or honeymoon.
Find out more about planning your dream wedding in Thailand at www.amazingthailand.com.au