Dreaming of a beach wedding, but not sure where to begin? Look no further. We asked some of the wedding industry’s favourite creatives to give us their top tips on photography, themes and design to help you create your dream beach wedding.
You want your photographer to be fun, kind, professional, genuinely in love with their job, and a creative force who’s ready to capture some magic. Maddie from Madeline Kate Photography is 100% that. Here’s her advice for brides-to-be planning a beach wedding:
Getting married on the sand by the ocean sounds good in theory (and it is!), but there are a few things to consider before walking down a sandy aisle:
1. Ladies: heels are a no-go (need I say more?) and seriously think about wearing a veil – I have seen them fly.
2. Refreshments for guests are an absolute necessity at a beach wedding, but check what your permit allows in regards to alcohol.
3. Whether you opt for fancy or frill-less, I definitely suggest having some sort of shelter like a decorated arch or canopy, as it will <make> your photos – and the even shade it will create is something your photographer will thank you for.
Kelly and her team at Bella Bloom Floral Designs have a passion for flowers, detail and styles, and specialise in wedding floristry. Kelly shares her expert styling advice.
“Select flowers that are going to complement your beach theme and the climate you’ll be in. Expect your florist to suggest locally sourced flowers – orchids and, of course, native flowers will always work, as they hold in the warm weather. I like using grasses and other textural elements you might see growing near the beach.”
The Wedding Planner
Thinking of a destination wedding? Then employ a wedding planner. Their expert knowledge and advice will make the world of difference. Eva, head planner and stylist at Foreva Events, a boutique wedding and styling company in Brisbane, Australia, tells us her favourite beach ceremony theme.
“One of the themes that’s trending at the moment and that we absolutely love is the Bohemian beach wedding. It’s a style that embraces a more laid-back approach, and is perfect for brides who are wanting to achieve a more relaxed vibe, and embrace the beauty of nature. Brides that choose this style generally take a more relaxed approach to their attire and wear comfortable flowing gowns and jewellery on their toes, and let their hair down!”
Foreva Events’ top 3 tips to achieve a Bohemian beach wedding:
1. Keep your colour palette very neutral. Vibrant colours aren’t necessarily interpreted as relaxed.
2. Use clear or white chairs to blend in with the sand. By doing this you’ll allow your neutral colour palette to pop.
3. If you’re also having your reception on the sand, avoid using table centrepieces that are too tall, as they can detract from the scenery – and be a real pain if there’s any wind!